Software Engineer, Full Stack
Bravely is hiring senior full stack engineers! The role focuses on building the multi-sided platform that powers Bravely. They will work alongside the team identifying and building solutions to any roadblocks to the primary goals of the company.
We’re taking on new challenges every day including matching and scheduling algorithms, growth hacking, web scraping, and NLP, all while crafting beautiful user experiences. We want to build solutions to these problems that are scalable, performant and elegant, and we’re looking for talented people to help us do just that!
Bravely is a platform that connects employees with professional coaches outside of their workplace to encourage better conversations and healthier organizations. Using the app, people can easily schedule a phone session with a “Pro” who can provide guidance from a place of objectivity, and help them take the next step with their boss, colleague, direct report, or HR team. Our goal is to get people talking about their issues sooner and more productively, which is why Bravely is a new way forward for employees dealing with tough topics like performance and coworker conflict.
• Work closely with designers and product managers to implement user interfaces for responsive web apps.
• Responsible for architecture, development and scaling of the backend systems that power Bravely.
• Help define workflows and processes to ensure consistent code management, deployment and performance.
• Build out core new platform functionality to support our growing client bases
• Maintain and own 4 web apps handling each aspect of the multi-sided platform
• Take on ad hoc projects with a variety of technologies that support all areas of the business
• 3+ years experience building web apps
• Prior knowledge and experience with multi-sided platforms
• Experience working in an early stage startup
• Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production-quality frontend and backend systems.
• Ability to quickly write reliable, clean and testable code
• Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
• Ruby or other functional languages
• Any Relational Database, Postgres preferred
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Driven – You set goals and thrive on meeting and exceeding expectations. You love to challenge yourself to be better.
• Emotionally Intelligent – You’re aware when something is bothering you and know how to speak up about it in a calm and collected way.
• Generalist – You have interest and knowledge in a broad array of topics.
• Maker – You’ve been working on side projects and fleshing out interesting ideas for a long time. You love running experiments regardless of whether they succeed or fail.
We'd love to hear from you at email@example.com. Share a little bit about yourself, why you’re passionate about in Bravely, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.