Software Engineer, Full Stack
Bravely is hiring senior full stack engineers! The role focuses on building the multi-sided platform that powers Bravely. They will work alongside the team identifying and building solutions to any roadblocks to the primary goals of the company.
We’re taking on new challenges every day including matching and scheduling algorithms, growth hacking, web scraping, and NLP, all while creating beautiful user experiences. We want to build solutions to these problems that are scalable, performant and elegant, and we’re looking for talented people to help us do just that!
Bravely is a platform for off-the-record conflict coaching and guidance, connecting employees with unbiased HR experts that can help them navigate their workplace. Our easy-to-use platform connects and schedules employees with experienced coaches and HR professionals for conversations about issues of all kinds—from manager-employee conflict to performance review prep.
• Work closely with designers and product managers to implement user interfaces for responsive web apps.
• Responsible for architecture, development and scaling of the backend systems that power Bravely.
• Help define workflows and processes to ensure consistent code management, deployment and performance.
• Build out core new platform functionality to support our growing client bases
• Maintain and own 4 web apps handling each aspect of the multi-sided platform
• Tackle ad hoc projects with a variety of technologies that support all areas of the business
• 3+ years experience building web apps
• Prior knowledge and experience with multi-sided platforms
• Experience working in an early stage startup
• Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production-quality frontend and backend systems.
• Ability to quickly write reliable, clean and testable code
• Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
• Ruby or other functional languages
• Any Relational Database, Postgresql preferred
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Overachiever – You set goals and thrive on meeting and exceeding expectations. You love to challenge yourself to be better.
• Emotionally Intelligent – You’re aware when something is bothering you and know how to speak up about it in a calm and collected way.
• Generalist – You have interest and knowledge in a broad array of topics.
• Maker – You’ve been working on side projects and fleshing out interesting ideas for a long time. You love running experiments regardless of whether they succeed or fail.
Send your resume to email@example.com and share a little bit about you, why you’re interested in Bravely, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.